Stuffed!

November 14, 2008
Kallithea, Athens, Greece

Stuffed!

I called Andi to invite her to lunch. She met me at the bus stop near her apartment and had leftover food from her family get together at Mt. Parnassus. Since her oven is out of order (I can relate), her 74 year old neighbor Ellie was planning to heat it up. When I arrived, Andi told me about the nice woman, Meszine, who had driven her home from her daughter’s house in the mountains. Meszine and her husband have a two bedroom apparent for rent in Palio Faliro. Of course we dropped everything including lunch to go see it. We took a taxi, but we were unable to find the address that Meszine gave us. Somehow we ended up in the backseat of a police car with 2 handsome Greek cops who took us to our destination. Andi is a friendly lady who seems to will people to her aid. The apartment we saw was lovely, but unfurnished, and for that reason only, we decided against it. Meszine is very nice, and I appreciate that she would have given us a big discount on the apartment just because I am Andi’s friend! Back at Andi’s house we gave the large pan of stuffed vegetables to Ellie and at about 5pm had our lunch of: stuffed pepper, stuffed grape leaves, stuffed potatoes, stuffed tomatoes, and stuffed onions! Needless to say, when I finished the meal, I was stuffed! Andi sent a container of stuffed vegetables home with me for Tom, and will be making him lots of dolmadakias (stuffed grape leaves) when we return. Thank you, Andi!

1 comment: